⚡️ What is Patriotism about ?
In the realm of literature, the valuable pursuit of patriotism is akin to a passionate symphony performed by the brightest stars of our time. It engulfs a reluctant South Carolina farmer named Mel Gibson, who, against his will, becomes an intricate part of the tempestuous battle against the British forces raging during the 18th century American Revolution. “The Patriot,” a critically acclaimed adventure epic that has captured the hearts of many, transcends mere entertainment as it proudly holds up its three Academy Award nominations for Best Cinematography, Best Original Score, and Best Sound. Suffused with the essence of love and war, this gripping tale serves as a timeless chronicle of familial bonds and courageous sacrifice. Carrying the weight of history on its shoulders, “The Patriot” now stands fully remastered in glorious 4K resolution to captivate audiences once more.
📖 Who should read Patriotism?
People who should read this book “Patriotism” include:
1. History enthusiasts: The book portrays the American Revolution, making it a compelling read for those interested in this period of history.
2. War film lovers: With its gripping tale of war, this book will appeal to fans of movies like “The Patriot.”
3. Fans of Mel Gibson: The presence of Mel Gibson as the lead character adds an element of star power to the book.
4. Family drama enthusiasts: “Patriotism” explores the theme of family in times of war, making it an emotional and engaging read.
5. Academy Awards followers: As the film adaptation of this book was nominated for three Academy Awards, including Best Cinematography and Best Original Score, it is recommended for those who enjoy award-winning works.
6. Readers interested in historical cinematography: The book provides insights into the technical aspects of filming and cinema during the time of the American Revolution, appealing to film enthusiasts and aspiring filmmakers.
7. Readers curious about director Roland Emmerich: For those interested in exploring the director’s work, this book offers an insight into his filmmaking style and narrative choices.
Overall, “Patriotism” is advisable for readers who seek an exciting blend of history, family drama, war, and cinematic artistry.
💡 What will you learn in Patriotism ?
1. The American Revolution: The book explores the historical background of the American Revolution and provides insights into the challenges and sacrifices faced by the patriots during this time.
2. War and family dynamics: The protagonist, a South Carolina farmer, is torn between his obligations to protect his family and his duty to fight against the British. The book delves into the complex dynamics of war and its impact on family relationships.
3. Cinematography and film scoring: Nominated for Academy Awards in cinematography, original score, and sound, the book discusses the technical aspects of filmmaking that contribute to the immersive experience of watching “The Patriot.”
4. Aspect ratio and visual format: The book mentions the aspect ratio of 2.40:1, indicating the widescreen format used in the film. It offers some understanding of how the visual composition was designed for a more cinematic viewing experience.
5. Director and producers: The book mentions Roland Emmerich as the director and Mark Gordon and Dean Devlin as producers of “The Patriot.” It provides insights into their creative vision and contribution to the film.
6. Cast and dubbing/subtitles: The book lists actors such as Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger, Joely Richardson, Jason Isaacs, and Chris Cooper. It also mentions the availability of dubbing and subtitles in different languages, such as Czech, French, and German.