⚡️ What is Patriotism about ?
In the realm of intellect and imagination, ideas and ideologies clash like titans, giving birth to countless truths and fallacies. And yet, in the tumultuous landscape of American social and political consciousness, few concepts have stirred controversy and ignited fiery debate quite like the alt-right. An enigmatic force whose beliefs remain shrouded in shadows, the alt-right has traversed the lengths of the digital realms, unleashing a torrent of memes that echo the language of extremism and perpetuate a deep-seated fear: the specter of “white genocide.” It is historian Alexandra Minna Stern who dares to venture into this treacherous abyss, wielding her analytical tools to excavate the motivations that fuel the alt-right’s disquieting rise to prominence. Through rigorous investigation, Stern peels back the layers of racial animosity, sexism, homophobia, and xenophobia that have seeped into the fabric of American culture. In unraveling the tantalizing fabric of their belief system, she exposes the unsettling normalization of these hateful doctrines—endangering both the cherished tenets of democracy and society as a whole. As President Trump’s words irresponsibly spawn bolder far-right violence and feed the blistering storm brewing within America, Stern confidently beckons us to transcend the veil of ignorance and apprehend the menacing ideology that propels the alt-right juggernaut. Let us heed her call, for only by comprehending the true underpinnings of this elusive movement shall we safeguard the very essence of American democracy from its insidious grasp.
📖 Who should read Patriotism?
People who should read this book “Patriotism” are those who are curious about the alt-right movement, its beliefs, and its impact on American society. It is advisable to read this book to gain insight into the rise of the alt-right, its motivations rooted in fear of a “white genocide,” and the normalization of racist, sexist, and homophobic beliefs. Understanding the core beliefs that drive the alt-right can help dismantle this destructive movement that threatens American democracy. The book analyzes key concepts such as “red-pilling”, strategic trolling, gender essentialism, and the alt-right’s vision of a white ethnostate in the United States. By revealing the hidden mechanisms of white nationalism, the author exposes the pervasiveness of the far right.
💡 What will you learn in Patriotism ?
1. Understanding the alt-right movement: The book will provide a comprehensive explanation of what the alt-right is, what its followers believe in, and how it has gained prominence in American society.
2. Analysis of alt-right online presence: The author digs into the alt-right memes and online content to uncover the motivations behind the movement. This will help readers better understand the tactics and strategies employed by the alt-right in spreading their ideology.
3. Exploring the fear of “white genocide”: The book delves into the alt-right’s deep-seated fear of a perceived threat to white dominance and their belief in a future where white power is reclaimed through aggressive action.
4. Impact on democracy and society: The author explores how the mainstreaming of racist, sexist, and homophobic beliefs by the alt-right poses a threat to American democracy and society as a whole.
5. Core beliefs of the alt-right: The book analyzes the key ideas that underpin the alt-right movement, such as red-pilling (being awakened to the perceived truths of white supremacy), strategic trolling, gender essentialism, and the ultimate goal of establishing a white ethnostate in the United States.
6. Understanding the pervasiveness of the far right: By unearthing the hidden mechanisms driving white nationalism, the book reveals the extent to which the far right has infiltrated public consciousness, emphasizing the importance of dismantling this destructive movement.