⚡️ What is Patriotism about ?
In “Patriotism: Contesting the Meaning in Poland,” the author delves into the complex and ever-changing concept of patriotism, exploring how it has been defined, reshaped, and contested in the public sphere of Poland over the last twenty-five years. This book sheds light on the strategies employed to mold and adapt the notion of patriotism, which has become a central issue in Polish political discourse. With the growing polarization of contemporary Polish society, the once dominant dichotomy between former communists and former dissidents has given way to internal opposition among allies who identify either as civic-minded “critical” patriots or nationalist-oriented “traditional” patriots. The author offers critical insights into the current political climate by mapping the evolution of the patriotism debate since 1989. Through thorough analysis, this groundbreaking study provides a deeper understanding of the key moments in Polish public life, including the highly contested 2015 parliamentary elections.
📖 Who should read Patriotism?
List of People Who Should Read This Book “Patriotism”:
1. Political analysts and scholars: This book provides crucial insights into the current political situation in Poland by analyzing the contestation over the concept of patriotism. It offers an in-depth understanding of the strategies used to define and shape patriotism, which is a central issue in Polish political discourse.
– By reading this book, political analysts and scholars can gain valuable knowledge about the evolution of the debate over patriotism since 1989 in Poland.
– This book sheds light on the growing polarization of the public sphere in contemporary Polish society, especially the internal opposition within once-dissident allies, making it essential for those studying political dynamics.
– The book explores the rivalry between former communists and former dissidents, revealing the shifting dynamics and changes in political alliances in Poland.
– The analysis of the highly contested 2015 parliamentary elections and its aftermath provides critical insights into recent events and their impact on Polish society.
– For anyone interested in understanding the socio-political landscape of Poland over the last twenty-five years, this book serves as a comprehensive resource.
💡 What will you learn in Patriotism ?
1. Definition and re-shaping of patriotism: The book explores the strategies used to define and reshape the notion of patriotism in the public debates in Poland over the past 25 years. It examines how different groups try to shape and redefine what it means to be patriotic.
2. Polarization in Polish society: The book discusses the growing polarization in contemporary Polish society, particularly in the public sphere. It highlights the rivalry and internal opposition between former communists and former dissidents, which has now evolved into a division between civic-minded “critical” patriots and nationalist-oriented “traditional” patriots.
3. Key moments in Polish public life: The book examines the re-emergence of the division between different forms of patriotism during key moments in Polish public life. It particularly focuses on the highly contested parliamentary elections in 2015 and analyzes the impact on the political situation.
4. Insight into current political situation: By tracing the evolution of the debate over patriotism since 1989, the book provides crucial insights into the current political situation in Poland. It helps readers understand the underlying dynamics and ideological differences shaping Polish politics.
5. Publication details: The book’s ASIN is B076BWZFND, and it was published by Peter Lang AG. It was the first edition released on March 4, 2016, and it has a total of 309 pages.
Note: The additional information about file size, language, text-to-speech, and other technical details is not related to the content of what you will learn from the book.