⚡️ What is Patriotism about ?
In this paragraph, the author explores the aftermath of Donald Trump’s surprising presidential election victory in 2016 and its impact on the Republican Party. They highlight how Trump’s victory shattered long-held beliefs within the party establishment on issues such as immigration, trade, and foreign wars. The author emphasizes that Trump managed to connect with working-class voters in a way that previous Republican candidates had not been able to do in decades. They further discuss the formation of the “NeverTrump” movement, which consists of conservative leaders who opposed Trump’s nomination, and their subsequent involvement in the campaign to undermine his presidency. The author criticizes NeverTrump for aligning with the Left and taking actions contrary to their conservative principles. Finally, they argue that those associated with NeverTrump should not be allowed influential positions within the GOP again.
📖 Who should read Patriotism?
People who should read this book “Patriotism” are those who are interested in understanding the seismic shift that occurred within the Republican Party and the conservative movement with the election of Donald Trump in 2016. It is advisable to read this book to gain insights into the rejection of establishment beliefs by Republican voters, the formation of the “NeverTrump” movement, and its subsequent role in opposing Trump’s presidency. The book also highlights the pitfalls of becoming reactionary and vengeful, demonstrating why those associated with NeverTrump should not hold influential positions in the GOP again.
💡 What will you learn in Patriotism ?
1. The book discusses the election of Donald Trump in 2016 and how it challenged the Republican Party’s traditional beliefs and norms.
2. The author explores the formation of the “NeverTrump” movement, which consists of conservative leaders who opposed Trump’s candidacy and later joined the efforts to undermine his presidency.
3. The book reveals how NeverTrump members have worked with the Left to sabotage Trump’s agenda and damage the Republican Party.
4. It argues that NeverTrump individuals have become similar to the qualities they once criticized in Trump, including being petty, vengeful, and bombastic.
5. The book emphasizes the importance of ensuring that NeverTrump members do not hold influence within the GOP in the future.