⚡️ What is Mind about ?
Mind Over Menopause by Pahla Bowers is a refreshing and straightforward guide that offers a motivational approach to weight loss during menopause. In this book, Bowers presents a simple yet powerful method that not only addresses negative thoughts but also focuses on managing sleep, exercise, and diet. She poses the question that many menopausal women ask themselves: Is this it? With empathy and expertise, Bowers assures readers that there is hope beyond the symptoms of menopause. She believes that by transforming the way we think about our bodies and targeting Really Unhelpful Thoughts (RUTs), we can shed those extra pounds and maintain good health throughout this transitional phase. Blending principles from exercise science, cognitive and behavioral psychology, and her personal experience as a certified life and weight-loss coach, Bowers equips her readers with valuable tools and confidence to achieve their weight-loss goals. Mind Over Menopause is not just a weight-loss book; it is an empowering resource that encourages women to embrace the changes within them, love their bodies, and embark on a fulfilling journey toward self-discovery and wellness.
📖 Who should read Mind?
People who should read this book are women going through menopause or approaching menopause. It provides a necessary roadmap for a mindful and confident menopause transition and offers tools to navigate it on one’s own terms. The book guides readers in banishing negative thoughts, managing sleep, exercise, and diet, and reframing the way they think about their bodies. It combines exercise science, cognitive and behavioral psychology, and a pragmatic perspective to equip readers with the tools and confidence to achieve their weight-loss goals. With practical tips and mindset-shifting conversations, this book is essential for women navigating the changes of menopause and looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
💡 What will you learn in Mind ?
1. Transform the way you think about food and overcome fears of calories and carbs: By adjusting your mindset, you can develop a healthier relationship with food and let go of restrictions and anxieties surrounding calories and carbs.
2. Incorporate moderate exercise, hydration, and sufficient sleep into your routine: The book emphasizes the importance of regular exercise, staying hydrated, and prioritizing sleep to support weight loss and overall well-being during menopause.
3. Develop self-awareness and journal your feelings: Journaling prompts are provided to help you become more aware of your emotions and develop a better understanding of how you feel during menopause.
4. Accept and love your body, set realistic weight goals: Instead of striving for an ideal or unrealistic body image, the book encourages you to accept and appreciate your changing body while setting attainable weight goals that align with your overall health.
5. Utilize cognitive and behavioral psychology to create lasting change: The book combines exercise science, cognitive and behavioral psychology to equip readers with the necessary tools and confidence to achieve their weight loss goals.
6. Process negative feelings and increase confidence: Menopause can be challenging, but the book teaches you how to process negative emotions, gain agency over your thoughts, and boost your confidence and self-trust in navigating this stage of life.