⚡️ What is Mind about ?
In the depths of our hectic modern lives, we often find ourselves wrestling with the complexities of our own minds. And yet, within the pages of an extraordinary book lies a beacon of hope: “Mind,” penned by an iconic Tibetan meditation master, Chögyam Trungpa. But be warned, dear reader, for this mystical tome carries with it a formidable hazard – the unraveling of your ego. Provocative slogans adorn its sacred passages, armed to dismantle the boundaries of our hearts and spur love and compassion towards others. Passed down through eight centuries of Tibetan tradition, these principles serve as a guiding light in navigating the enigmatic labyrinth of mind training. Brace yourself for encounters with slogans such as “Don’t be swayed by external circumstances,” “Be grateful to everyone,” and “Always maintain only a joyful mind.” A whisper of liberation emanates from the newest edition of “Mind,” accompanied by a foreword skillfully crafted by Pema Chödrön herself. This journey shall span 144 pages, an ethereal dance between enlightenment and ordinary existence captured in ink. Together, let us delve deep into the blissful realms of consciousness.
📖 Who should read Mind?
People who should read this book are:
– Individuals interested in Tibetan Buddhism and meditation
– Those looking to cultivate love and kindness towards others
– Individuals seeking to understand and navigate the complexities of the world with intelligence and compassion
– Meditation students in need of principles and practices for mind training
– People who want to be reminded of important life principles, such as not being swayed by external circumstances and maintaining a joyful mind.
It is advisable to read this book because it presents fifty-nine provocative slogans that have been used by Tibetan Buddhists for centuries, providing valuable insights and guidance in various aspects of life. The commentary by Chögyam Trungpa enhances the understanding and application of these slogans. Additionally, the book emphasizes the importance of abandoning personal territory in relationships and encourages gratitude towards everyone. Overall, reading this book can lead to personal growth and a deeper connection with oneself and others.
💡 What will you learn in Mind ?
1. Practicing love and kindness towards others: The book aims to awaken the heart and cultivate love and kindness towards others. It provides slogans that can help foster an attitude of compassion and abandonment of personal territory in relating to others.
2. Principles and practices of mind training: The book presents fifty-nine provocative slogans that have been used by Tibetan Buddhists for centuries to help meditation students remember and focus on important principles and practices of mind training. This can help cultivate intelligence and compassion in ordinary life situations.
3. Overcoming external circumstances: One of the slogans is “Don’t be swayed by external circumstances.” This teaches readers not to let external situations dictate their emotions or actions, but rather to cultivate stability and resilience in facing various challenges.
4. Cultivating gratitude: Another slogan states, “Be grateful to everyone.” The book emphasizes the importance of expressing gratitude towards everyone, including both pleasant and unpleasant experiences and people, as a way to develop a positive and open-hearted mindset.
5. Maintaining a joyful mind: The slogan “Always maintain only a joyful mind” encourages readers to cultivate inner joy and happiness in all circumstances. This mindset can serve as a powerful tool for facing challenges and finding contentment and peace in daily life.
6. Exploration of commentary by Tibetan meditation master: Readers will have the opportunity to learn from the commentary provided by Chögyam Trungpa, a renowned Tibetan meditation master. His insights and explanations can deepen the understanding and application of the slogans in one’s own practice of mind training.